Monday, December 8, 2008

Hoof prints on the roof

Kristi, Kasidy and I rode our tandem (AKA "The Bison") this past Saturday morning with the Desert Foothills Chapter. We rode pretty hard, particularly chasing down one of the other bikes who got out in front of us on the ten mile run down New River Road headed toward Lake Pleasant. A traffic accident on Carefree Highway detoured us a couple of additional miles before we wrapped up our 44 mile jaunt. We were frankly too tired to get the Bison off the roof of the car when we got home. So, a few hours later, when the time came to leave for the ABC holiday party, the Bison was still there and thus accompanied us to Paradise Valley. I announced myself to the guard at the gate saying I was there for the bike club party. The gentleman nodded toward the roof of my car and said, "Yeah, I kinda figured." The gate swung open and we made our way to the clubhouse for a wonderful and festive evening. From it's perch in the parking lot, the Bison had a wonderful view of the city lights with the silhouette of Camelback Mountain rising sharply and majestically behind us into the night sky.



In the meantime, Kristi and I shared fine food, drink and conversation with other club members before herding the Bison back north to Anthem. Pulling into the driveway at home, I noted, "At least we won't have to put the bike up on the car in the morning to go ride with the Coyotes!"

Thanks to all for a wonderful evening.

No comments: