Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April is Bike Month

Scottsdale Cycle the Arts kind of kicked things off, but April is bike month.

Lots of links at http://www.valleymetro.org/bikemonth

These events are all opportunities that ABC could be involving ourselves in. I think that if we were just a bit more organized, it shouldn't be that hard to promote ourselves better.

I'm going to plan to ride my bike to work on April 22 and maybe some other days. Post-equinox, the daylight shouldn't be an issue. I've been hoping that the new access road from Anthem down to Tramonto would be open by now. It seems like it might only be days away, but it could be weeks. When it does open it, should shave almost 2 miles off of my commute distance each way. It might get down to under 40 miles round trip.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

April is Arizona Bike Month but May is National Bike Month! Celebrate both